In this webinar, learn how to commit to library customer service that will create an experience beyond all patron expectations.
Commitment to great customer service goes beyond “service with a smile.” It is a commitment to truly engage and communicate with patrons and to find ways to extend the experience above and beyond their expectations. Building on the success of the Darien Library, whose reputation is known internationally for providing “extreme customer service,” presenter Gretchen Caserotti will provide you with practical and actionable ideas that can help your library, whether small or large, commit to excellent customer service.
Presented by Gretchen Caserotti, director, Meridian Library District (ID), who has served from frontline librarian to policy maker, and was trained at the Darien Library (CT).
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Archive viewing options:
- View full Archive (combined archive of audio, chat, and slides) Coming Soon
- View slides (pdf)
- View chat (xls) Coming Soon
- Library Customer Service on WebJunction
- Referenced by Gretchen
- The Great Good Place, Ray Oldenburg
- ALA and Harwood Institute, Libraries Transforming Communities
- Why We Buy, Paco Underhill
- The Experience Economy, B Joseph Pine and James H Gilmore
- Setting the Table, Danny Meyer
- The New Gold Standard, Joseph A Michelli (See also Michelli presentation at OCLC Symposium 2009, Leadership Beyond Recession)
- The Genius Training Student Workbook, Apple’s employee training manual for employees
- More on Zappo’s Delivering Happiness
- Extreme Customer Service – Darien Library (includes The Customer Service Matrix)
- For more on the Matrix, see Alan Kirk Gray 2011 presentation, 21st Century Customer Service (pdf)
- Context is Key, a TechSoup Edge case study with Gretchen on integrating digital tools into your library’s services