Attendees will learn about the Florida Electronic Library resources available from Gale Cengage Learning. Content and interface changes will be discussed, as well as tips and tricks for assisting a variety of different patrons. Participants will complete exercises on how to market eResources at their libraries as well as how to show the benefit of the library in their communities.
- Attendees will be better able to use and understand the eResources on the reference desk with students and with library patrons
- Attendees will be able to better promote their eResources from FEL in their communities
- Attendees will be able to identify best resources available for different groups in their communities
- Attendees will develop strategies for marketing the community benefit of their libraries and be able to tell the ‘stories’ of their libraries for funders and community leaders
The morning session will cover:
- Special tricks of the different databases
- PowerSearch and efficient searching
- Homework Help using the Gale Databases
- How to create and implement Gale Widgets
- How to create Search Alerts and RSS Feeds
Presented by: Julie Pepera, Gale Cengage Customer Education Specialist
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.