Join this WebJunction webinar to learn more about the health information resources available through the National Library of Medicine and the NN/LM to help strengthen your own library’s health information services and improve the health literacy of your community.
Public libraries provide a variety of health reference services and public programs to support community health literacy. Health literacy has been described by the Institute of Medicine as “the degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions.” The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) provides comprehensive health information resources and services to libraries across eight regions nationwide. Join this WebJunction webinar to learn more about the health information resources available through the National Library of Medicine and the NN/LM. Representatives of the NN/LM Pacific Southwest Regional Medical Library will discuss their collaborative efforts with public libraries regarding the Affordable Care Act and other popular health information topics, and share strategies for strengthening your own library’s health information services, to improve the health literacy of your community.
Moderated by: WebJunction
- Alan Carr, Acting Associate Director, NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region, UCLA Louise Darling Biomedical Library
- Kelli Ham, Consumer Health and Technology Coordinator, NN/LM Pacific Southwest Region, UCLA Louise Darling Biomedical Library
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
Archive viewing options:
- View slides (pdf)
- WebJunction’s Health Happens in Librariessection
- National Library of Medicine
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- HealthCare.gov and Health Insurance Blog
- What is the Marketplace in my state?
- Identify local enrollment support
- In-Person Assistance in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Your feedback is important! firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Marketplace Help Center: 1-800-318-2596
- Estimating costs and savings and How much will it cost?
- Protect Yourself from Fraud in the Health Insurance
- CMS Health Insurance Marketplace, resources for partners including:
Sign up for project updates at WebJunction.org via Get Involved.
For more information, please visit the project Resources page.